This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to become a Tableau power user. It’s made for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
Two days of live classroom.
Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
At the end of this course, you will be able to
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data
- Prep your data for analysis
- Combine data sources using data blending
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks
- Connecting to data
- Working with single data sources
- Using multiple data sources
- Using calculations in Tableau
- Advanced table calculations
- Creating and using parameters
- Defining subsets of your data
- Tableau geocoding
- Viewing distributions
- Statistics and forecasting
- Dashboards and stories
For this two day course your investment will be 1750 NZD without taxes. Morning tea and lunch are provided.